10 Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas to Start Your Day Right
They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but do you know why? First and foremost, it breaks your overnight fast to replenish your glucose stores, giving your body the fuel it needs to get your day started right. Second, it provides essential nutrients to keep your energy up throughout the day.
If you want to kick off your morning the right way with a delicious gluten free breakfast, you’ve come to the right place. Below you’ll find a compilation of tasty breakfast treats made simple with Schär gluten free prepared foods. Enjoy!
Try These Delicious Gluten Free Breakfast Ideas
Not only is breakfast the most important meal of the day, but with Schär gluten free foods it can also be the easiest! With everything from croissants and artisan sliced bread to bagels and waffles, the Schär Shop has it all if you want something quick and easy.
If you prefer to put a little effort in at breakfast time, there are plenty of gluten free recipes out there just waiting for you to enjoy. Here are some of our favorite gluten free breakfast ideas:
1. Bacon and Egg Breakfast Pizza
Pizza for breakfast? It’s not just for microwave pizza bagels anymore. This bacon and egg breakfast pizza is a snap to whip up and it’s sure to turn the heads of even your pickiest eaters. It’s th perfect breakfast treat for kids. Load it up with scrambled eggs and cheese – you might even be able to hide some veggies in there!
- 1 Schär gluten free pizza crust
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk (or non-dairy milk)
- Butter or oil
- 6 slices provolone or cheddar cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F and place the pizza crust on a large baking sheet.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl and pour them into a buttered skillet on medium heat.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring slightly to spread the uncooked egg, until done to your liking.
- Set the eggs aside while you prepare the pizza crust.
- Layer slices of cheese over the top of the pizza crust then spoon the cooked eggs over it.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon and bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Cut the pizza into wedges and serve hot.
2. Ultimate Breakfast Bagel Sandwich
You’ve had breakfast sandwiches before, but you’ve never had the ultimate breakfast bagel sandwich. Crisp bacon, creamy avocado, fluffy eggs, and gooey cheese are sandwiched between thick gluten free bagel slices, making this the breakfast sandwich of your dreams.
- 4 slices bacon (or more)
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- Pinch ground cumin
- Pinch garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ounce shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 Schär gluten free plain bagels
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat until crisp then set aside on paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado in a medium bowl and stir in the cilantro, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Season the avocado mash with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Grease a medium skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Crack the eggs into the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1 minute then cover the skillet and cook for 1 minute more.
- Uncover the skillet and top the eggs with cheese then cover once more and cook until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Stir together the ketchup and sriracha sauce then spread on the bottom of each bagel.
- Top each with half the egg mixture and pieces of cooked bacon.
- Spoon the avocado mash onto each sandwich and top with the other half of the bagels.
3. Easy French Toast
French toast is a breakfast staple and for good reason – it’s delicious! All you need is a loaf of gluten free white bread, an egg, some milk, and vanilla and ground cinnamon. If you’re feeling fancy you can add a dash of maple syrup or some fresh orange zest.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 4 slices Schär Artisan Baker white bread
- Whisk the egg, vanilla, and cinnamon together in a shallow dish then whisk in the milk.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, turning to coat both sides evenly.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Place the soaked bread on the skillet and cook until browned underneath.
- Carefully flip the bread and cook until browned underneath then slide onto a plate.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients then drizzle with maple syrup to serve.
4. Bacon Omelet Breakfast Sandwiches
Breakfast sandwiches are great, but it takes time to prepare each one. Take some of the work out of this breakfast favorite by making an omelet instead of scrambled eggs. Not only does it take half the time, but it’s easier to keep between the slices!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Schär gluten free ciabatta rolls
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 4 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- Whisk together the eggs, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Grease a medium skillet with butter and heat over medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until browned underneath.
- Carefully flip the egg and cook for another 30 seconds until set.
- Remove the skillet from heat and cut the omelet in half.
- Slice the ciabatta rolls in half and toast them if desired.
- Spread the bottom with cream cheese then add the omelet, bacon, and tomato slices.
- Top each sandwich with the other half of the ciabatta roll and serve.
5. Cinnamon French Toast Casserole
The only thing better than French toast is more French toast. This casserole takes everything you love about French toast and concentrates it into a tasty casserole that serves the whole family and reheats easily.
- 2 packages Schär Deli Style sourdough bread
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 medium orange, zested
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon (divided)
- Salt, as needed
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes (leaving the crust on) – you’ll need about 10 cups.
- Spread them over the bottom of the baking dish, layering them with chopped pecans, if using.
- Whisk together the eggs then whisk in the milk, sugar, orange zest, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Pour evenly over the bread chunks then set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and brown sugar with 1 teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle the mixture over the bread and bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the top is crisp.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
6. Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
A simple breakfast to feed the whole family, this sausage and egg breakfast casserole only takes a few minutes to prepare. Best of all, you can whip it up in the evening and keep it in the fridge overnight. It takes less than an hour to bake, so you’re good to go!
Servings: 8 to 10
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices Schär Artisan Baker white bread
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet until cooked through then drain and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl then whisk in the milk, mustard, and salt.
- Add the bread cubes, cheese, and cooked sausage and toss to combine.
- Spread the mixture in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Cover and chill for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Strawberries and Cream Waffles
Premade waffles might sound boring until you imagine them covered in fresh strawberry whipped cream. Toast up a batch of gluten free waffles and sandwich them with this fruity, decadent strawberry whipped cream. You might even be able to save some for dessert.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 ¾ cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package Schär gluten free waffles
- Chop 1 ½ cups of strawberries and place them in a food processor.
- Puree until smooth then strain through a mesh sieve and discard the seeds.
- Pour the puree into a medium saucepan and heat on medium heat.
- Bring to a boil then adjust heat to keep it boiling consistently – cook until thickened, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes until reduced to ¼ cup.
- Pour the puree into a small bowl and chill in the fridge until completely cool.
- Transfer the puree to a large bowl and add the whipping cream and powdered sugar.
- Whip on high speed until stiff peaks form then set aside.
- Heat the waffles as desired then spoon the strawberry whipped cream over them.
- Serve with extra sliced strawberries, if desired.
8. Cinnamon Raisin Bagel French Toast
Why settle for a plain cinnamon raisin bagel when you can transform it into something even more delicious? This cinnamon raisin bagel French toast will up your breakfast game and all it takes is a few minutes of your time. Be careful! Your family isn’t going to want to share.
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 Schär gluten free cinnamon raisin bagels
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and heat an electric griddle to 350°F as well.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon in a shallow dish until well combined.
- Slice the bagels and dip in the egg mixture, turning to soak both sides.
- Grease the griddle with butter and add the bagel slices.
- Fry on both sides until browned then place the bagels on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 5 to 7 minutes until crisp then serve with maple syrup.
9. Sourdough Breakfast Strata
Serve up a picture-worthy breakfast without spending an hour over a hot stove. This sourdough breakfast medley hits all the right notes – bread, cheese, eggs, and even some vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 6 cups fresh chopped kale
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cups cubed Schär sourdough bread
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese (your choice)
- 10 large eggs
- 2 cups milk (or non-dairy milk)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the kale and onion.
- Cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring as needed, until the kale is wilted.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish then add the cubed sourdough.
- Top with shredded cheese then set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl then pour over the mixture in the baking dish.
- Gently tap or shake the dish to distribute the liquid evenly then cover with foil.
- Chill for 20 minutes for the bread to soak then bake for 30 to 35 minutes covered in foil.
- Remove the foil and bake another 15 to 20 minutes until the eggs are set.
10. Breakfast-Stuffed Baguette
Making individual breakfast sandwiches can be a hassle, especially if you’re cooking for the entire family. Make things quick and easy with these breakfast-stuffed baguettes. Don’t be afraid to shake things up by adding sausage or doubling down on the cheese!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 Schär gluten free baguettes
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until crisp then drain on paper towel and chop.
- Cut a deep V in each baguette and remove some of the bread from the middle then place the baguettes V-side-up on the baking sheet.
- Whisk together the eggs and cream in a large bowl then stir in the bacon, cheese, and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper then pour the mixture into the baguette boats.
- Bake until the eggs are fully set in the middle, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Breakfast doesn’t have to be boring when there are so many Schär gluten free breads to shake things up. Keep your pantry stocked and you’ll always be enjoying a hot breakfast sandwich, a steamy plate of waffles, or a delicious breakfast casserole.