Holiday Cookie Décor
Don’t miss out on the cookie decorating fun this year. We have Gluten Free decoration suggestions right here, along with the perfect icing recipe.
|For the decoration:|
|For the glaze / icing:|
|3 cups||powdered sugar*|
|1 package||gelatin powder|
|1/2 cup||hot water|
|1/4 cup||cold water|
|Optional, safe decor*:|
|sanding sugar sprinkles|
- To make the icing, put the gelatin packet in a small bowl with the hot water. Stir until dissolved. Add cold water and stir.
- Measure powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add 3 tbsp of the water/gelatin mixture and beat on low. Add more of the water/gelatin mixture till you have a very stiff icing. After you stop beating, peaks should maintain their rough stiffness for at least 5 seconds.
- Separate the icing into different bowls and add color as you wish, until your desired color is reached.
- Spread icing on the cookies with an offset spatula, or put it in a piping bag with various tips to draw.
- Decorate your cookies to your heart’s content!
*Always be sure to verify with the company that their products are certified Gluten Free.