What may seem like a daunting pie, is actually one of the simplest. Fill your house with the smell of the holidays by baking this Gluten Free pecan pie.
|1/2 cup (divided)||melted butter|
|1/2 cup||corn syrup, dark|
|2 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 cups||pecans, roughly chopped|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the Honeygrams in a food processor or blender and pulse until it’s a fine crumb, around 30 seconds. Pour ¼ cup melted butter into the blender and continue pulsing until the crumbs begin to come together.
- Pour crumbs into an 8 inch pie plate and press down to the bottom and sides in an even layer.
- Bake pie crust for 8 minutes. Let it cool completely at room temperature.
- Whisk the eggs until they are broken up and emulsified. Add sugar, remaining butter, dark corn syrup, vanilla, and salt, and whisk until combined.
- In the cool pie crust, place pecan pieces in an even layer. Pour the egg mixture over the pecans.
- Bake the pie for 50-60 minutes, until the center barely moves when jostled. If the pie crust or nuts start to burn before the pie is done, cover it in foil with a hole in the middle for ventilation.
- Let cool. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. Store in the refrigerator for up to three days.